Sponsorship & Marketing - Summer Internship
The Great Lakes Equestrian Festival is held annually each July and August at the Flintfields Horse Park in Williamsburg, Michigan, located just outside Traverse City. This six-week event hosts nationally rated hunter/jumper competitions, featuring weekly classes and classics for children, juniors, amateur and professional riders. Each week, the festival also holds classes for young horses, professional hunter derbies, open jumper classes and the premier Grand Prix held each Sunday.
The event is managed by the Morrissey Management Group, LLC (MMG), who for over four decades have produced some of the US’s top equestrian events, including the American Invitational, the American Gold Cup, the Charlotte Jumper Classic, FEI World Cup Finals, Lake Placid Horse Show Series, the National Horse Show, New Albany Classic, the Winter Equestrian Festival and more.
GLEF is currently seeking internship candidates who are interested in learning more about event sponsorship and marketing. Interns will also gain valuable professional experience and will learn about all aspects of our business including event logistics, horse show management, operations, hospitality and communications.
Intern candidates should be friendly, motivated and hardworking with strong writing, project management and organizational skills. Interns will need to work well under pressure and possess excellent communication and customer service skills. An understanding and familiarity with the hunter-jumper world is a plus.
Fall & Winter/Spring Internship: Dates flexible
- The intern will assist with sponsorship sales and fulfillment, including prospecting and the creation of proposals and contracts
- The intern will assist with the development of ticket sales and community programs for the upcoming summer
- The Intern will assist with other projects and tasks as assigned
- Ideal candidate will be based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, however there could potentially be the opportunity to work remotely for the right candidate
Summer Internship: June 1 – August 15
- The intern will assist with sponsorship sales and fulfillment, including the on-site activation and coordination of benefits for all our partners
- The intern will assist with management of our hospitality areas, including the VIP Club, Riders Lounge and Hospitality Tent
- The intern will help plan and execute events and activities, including concerts, family fun-days, ice cream socials, wine tastings and other special promotions throughout the Festival
- The intern will assist with ticket sales and management for Sunday’s Grand Prix and will help support our group sales efforts
- The intern will help with other projects and tasks as assigned
- The intern should be willing to work some long days and weekends. They should also be comfortable on their feet for long periods of time and may be asked to help with lifting and set-up at the venue.
This internship is for college credit only. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Nicky Meyer at email@example.com.